Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Hello snow!

Good morning doves. (I had it in the wrong exposure mode)

This morning arrived with about 3 to 4 inches of wet sloppy snow.  Schools were closed.   The weather forecast last night kept calling for up to 6 inches.  Eh, not so much.  Enough, however, to drag out trusty Yardy.  A 14 year old 21" 2 cycle Yard Machine snow blower.  She has never failed to start, manually.  She came with an electric start, which no longer worked after her first winter of service.  However, as long as I feed her a fresh gas/oil mix, turn the key to on (I forgot one day and was confounded when she wouldn't start), prime the pumpy thing 3 times, and put her in choke, she roars to life with coughs of blue oily smelling smoke.  Let me repeat, the important thing is that she roars to life!
Neighbor's other worldly tree.

Driveway before Yardy.


Driveway after Yardy!

Yardy back in the garage, job complete.

The snow was wet and heavy, not the kind that yields well to shovels.  Thank goodness for Yardy.  I zipped out the driveway in about 20 minutes.  Enough time left over for a walk around our block.  I encountered lots of shovel wielding homeowners.  One shovel holder informed me he didn't need to go for a walk because he had just received plenty of exercise, as he gestured at his now clean driveway.  I just smiled smugly to myself.  Yardy, you may be loud and stinky, but you get the job done.  You've earned yourself a future on the alpaca farm.

D :)

No comments:

Post a Comment