Friday, March 29, 2013

Scouting Trip

J and I are headed to Mount Pleasant and surrounding areas this weekend to scout for potential properties.  We looked in the central part of the state before we were enchanted by the Traverse City area.  Now we want to give central Michigan a second look.  I still love TC but we are having a difficult time finding enough acreage (meaning at least 15 acres, preferably more) at a price point we want to pay.  We are also finding it hard to allocate enough time and days off to get up to TC frequently enough, since it is about a 3 1/2 hour drive from our home.  I will take pictures of anything promising and report back.
My daffodils from last spring.

In the meantime, on my morning walk today I discovered spring!  Buds are appearing on the trees and the sun has put in an appearance, thank you, sitting in a cloudless blue canopy.  My daffodil sprouts are about two inches high.  I, personally, am fed up with snow and cold.  Flowers, green grass, and birds singing are tugging at my soul.  I opened the back yard shed and my bike greeted me from the rafters.  Take me down and out for a spin it was screaming.  Soon. 

I am ashamed to admit it, but I just took my Christmas lights down from the roof, the latest I ever have.  In my defense, I refuse to climb up on a roof, in freezing weather, that still has snow on it.  Let me see, that seems to describe Michigan's lousy March, so I'm exonerated.  My lovely timbers (lumber) are also calling to me.  I can't wait to get the raised garden beds put together.  This year, however, I will have to erect a fence to protect the garden from the backyard critters.  The garden will be much larger in scope than any previous.  To the big box do-it-yourself store I will have to go in search of inexpensive temporary fencing that I can take with me when we move.

Have a blessed Good Friday and Easter weekend.  God is good!

D

No comments:

Post a Comment