Friday, July 19, 2013

Alas!

We heard back from our realtor yesterday within two hours of submitting our offer.  Our offer was rejected flat out.  The seller has had multiple offers on the property (which they haven't accepted) and they feel that they can get close to their asking price, if not the asking price.  For our needs this property requires too much monetary investment for us to offer anything close to the asking price.   Obviously the other offer makers felt the same.   I think the seller's expectations are a tad bit high...

I'm disappointed, but I have to trust that the Lord has something better for us.  The good news is, we have connected with an ace realtor and banker in the area.  If we find something down the road, we also are pre-approved for a loan through a rural bank, which is a better fit than Chase Bank.  I also feel like we've narrowed and broadened our expectations of what we are looking for.  Prior to this we hadn't seriously considered building, but the appeal is strong.  It would be exciting and satisfying to build a house from scratch, suited to our wants and needs that would also be energy efficient.  We could utilize out of the box energy strategies like geothermal heating and cooling, metal roofs, and solar panels.  Those are not easy or cost efficient add-ons to an existing structure.  So many of the properties we look at have homes that need updating, have poor layouts and are just plain ugly.  To find a property that has enough acreage (at least 20 acres) with a pole barn and a decent house, in an appealing location, is like trying to find beach glass, not easy. 



Going forward we will now be adding vacant property to our "Possibles List".  I've also refined my expectations of acreage.  After seeing this beautiful property, I know I don't want to settle for anything that doesn't make my heart pitter patter.  I'm pretty sure J feels the same.  Let the search continue!

Like my sunflower stretching to the sky,
 I have to remember there are endless possibilities.



Not to be daunted or discouraged we shall forge on ward!  Have a great summer weekend.

D :)

No comments:

Post a Comment