Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Here They Are!

Benchmark's Perucoyo Andraya
In no particular order, introducing the alpacas of Zephyr Hill Farm!


This beauty is Andraya.  She is considered a dark silver grey and will be five in May.  She is what is considered unproven.  In other words she has never given birth.
I will hopefully be bringing her home bred to one of my herd sires.



Benchmark's Peruvian Comanche
This handsome fellow is Comanche.  He is another five year old  and considered a dark rose grey.




Benchmark's Accoyo Rafael
 This cutie is Rafael.  A six year old who tugs at your heart strings.  Oh yes, he is considered white.  Did you know that there are 22 natural alpaca colors?




Benchmark's Peruvian Song Bird



  Birdie, as she is known, is a seven year old proven mom. She is a medium brown.  I would love to also have her bred by the time she comes to Zephyr Hill.


Hom Durango's Sweet Caroline
 Caroline is a medium fawn unproven five year old.  Not for long, I hope, unproven that is.




Benchmark's Coyo Twizzler
Twizzler is a five year old unproven white.  I'm thinking I want to breed her to Rafael so I know I'll have a higher chance of having another white cria. 

The baby Oops Daisy Mae I have no picture of.  Hopefully I will soon.  I'm heading to Benchmark Alpacas this Saturday morning to assist in the shearing.  I'm excited to help, not that I will actually be shearing, but I'll get to experience the frenzy and madness close up.  (Don't tell Jeff I said that, ignorance is bliss.)  Hopefully I won't be so busy tagging fleeces, etc. that I can get some pictures.

(All photos belong to Benchmark Alpacas)

No comments:

Post a Comment