Monday, June 15, 2015

Look What Errands Will Net You!

Today Jeff and I went to Menards in Big Rapids to pick up a weed wacker and paint for the exterior doors.  Look what we brought home!


Meet Zoey!

This lovely girl was languishing at the Osceola Animal Shelter.  She is around 10 months old and is sweet, friendly, even tempered and courageous!  On the ride home she never made a peep.  She will be a good fit for our household of the rambunctious hell cat ( that would be Linus) and the two cranky old men (that would be Jinx and Moses).  She doesn't seem intimidated by her new surroundings or the boys.  She'll do just fine.

Square Foot Garden success!  Slicing tomatoes, red peppers, and cabbage are looking good along with all my little sprouts.

 My garden appears to be growing.  I've got beets, peas, beans, arugula, kale and leeks poking their little noggins out of the ground.  I always find the miracle of life from seeds so rewarding!


Broccoli, brussel sprouts, pole beans, and cherry tomatoes grow here along with a spot for my cucumbers which I keep forgetting to buy seeds for.


The lavender and strawberry bed.

 I decided to plant my strawberries along the retaining wall.  I figured they would do well if I gave them sufficient nutrient rich soil amongst the pea gravel.  The thought of having to remove all that pea gravel was just too daunting.  At the far end is one plant of lavender I have high hopes for.

Parting shot.

I'm looking forward to having another female in this house of males.  Zoey seems like just the kitty to keep me company.

1 comment: