Monday, June 24, 2013

Garden Update


My vegetable garden is flourishing, as you can see in the above picture.  I'm mildly amazed, since the last couple of years haven't been stellar gardening success's.  My flower beds are practicing wild abandon (see below).  I kinda like the look.  It certainly requires less work!






I received the purple and yellow perennial flowers from plantings probably 10 years ago.  They come up faithfully every year and put on a lovely show for about a month.  Unfortunately I can not remember the name of them.  





My broccoli are the large leafed vegetables to the right and back of the box.  They are both developing quite a nice head.  In the foreground are peppers, red and orange.  Both have peppers developing. 


My vertical box is coming along quite well.  I have lots of tomatoes on the vine, arugula ready to be picked and kale about 4 inches tall.  The kale is in the front of the box.  The zucchini is the large leafed monster to the back of the box.  I decided this evening to practice a little snip and clip to see if I can rein it in.  Why did I think I needed two plants?


Happy gardening!

D :)




No comments:

Post a Comment