Sunday, December 15, 2013

We're Going To Buy The Farm




Tomorrow is the big day!  We're going to Evart to commit ourselves on paper to another 20 year mortgage.  In exchange we get 27.5 acres of prime pastureland and a beautiful house to go with it.  I've been trying to keep my excitement to a dull roar.  The last week has been stressful trying to get all the t's crossed and the i's dotted in time.  I'll allow myself full fledged belief, excitement and relief once we walk out of the title company office.  It has been an eventful path that has led us to this crossroads.  I'm realizing that this will be our last Christmas in this house.  Bittersweet.

This was our last trek for our Christmas tree at Candy Cane ChristmasTree Farm.  We've been cutting our own tree there for at least 10 years.  The outting participants include my parents, by daughter and myself.  Jeff opted out about 8 years ago.  No judgement.

The perfect tree, small and lean because we don't have much room.

The first cut is always the hardest.


Don't I look so happy!


This tree didn't go easily.  I ended up breaking it off the with an1 inch to go.  It had to be the saw.
Home and decorated.  Moses isn't so sure it passes muster.

Linus is captivated.

D :)

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I'm so excited for you. You picked a beautiful tree to go with your lovely smile. I love the kitty scarfs and Will says "you have the best present ever under the tree". :). I love Moose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sherry. Linus isn't overly fond of the Christmas kerchief. He ditched it at the first opportunity!

      Delete