Monday, November 23, 2015

Alpacas In The Field And Chickens In The Coop!

Meet Dolores and Winifred!  Names compliments of Hannah.

Yes it's true.  We now have chickens.  Thank you to Joe!  These two chickens are Isa Browns.  That's about the extent of my chicken knowledge.  Sad but true.  What I do know is that I'm excited for my first eggs from the girls!  Dolores is a smidge larger and darker, I think.

Nesting crates.

As you can see I went all out in providing them with luxury nesting crates.  I also gave them a top of the line roosting perch!

A little left over lumber and some dead branches and voila!
 We'll see how they like it and how it holds up.

Hanging feeder.
I'm finding that I'm becoming quite adept at utilizing "found" materials to create the latest feeder, perch, wind block, etc.  There seems to be a never ending list of livestock accouterments that require my resourcefulness or money.

No comments:

Post a Comment