Thursday, February 11, 2016

Guess It's Still Winter

Yes it is as cold as it looks, but the sun does still exist!  Good to know.

This morning at 9:00 a.m. the temperature with the wind chill was in the single digits .  We still have plenty of snow.  We apparently are at the eastern edge of lake effect snow, despite being almost 65 miles due east of Lake Michigan.

To say I'm awaiting warmer weather, green and sunshine, would be too obvious.  By the way, by my unofficial reckonings I think we averaged five days of sunshine in January.  This morning, however, we did have rays of gold.  We no longer do, but hey, three hours of sunshine is better than none.

Here's a glimpse of what sunshine looks like here in the frozen heartland of Michigan.




Rafael wondering what the heck I'm doing.


Now just envision this with fields of green.


Felicity is a snow nibbler.  The evidence is on her muzzle.  She told me she also likes sunshine.
As an interesting side note, we experienced a sonic boom this morning.  I was already back in the house from the barn when I heard the approach of jets.  Since we don't live near a commercial airport, any planes in the area draw my attention.  I was looking out at the barn and the girls in the lean-to eating hay when it occurred.  There was a intense boom and windows rattled.  We all jumped about three feet.  I haven't experienced a sonic boom since I was a kid.  I had to look it up on my iphone to verify that's what it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment